JACOB CHAPEL BAPTIST CHURCH
2333 LAKE BRADFORD RD. TALLAHASSEE, FL. 32310
PHONE: (850) 574-3150 • FAX: (850) 574-3102
REV. DR. O. JERMAINE SIMMONS, SR, PASTOR
Jacob Chapel Baptist Church was established in 1932 and has been a pillar in the Tallahassee community, located in the sunshine state of Florida, for over 91 years. At Jacob Chapel, we are Bible Based, Christ-centered, Holy Spirit-led and Mission bound.
Believing that God calls Pastors to shepherd His people (Jeremiah 3:15), we are prayerfully seeking a Servant Leader who has been called by God to serve in this capacity. Overall, the Senior Pastor must be God fearing, demonstrate enthusiastic love for Christ and His people, possess and apply a comprehensive knowledge of the Holy Bible, and an understanding of Baptist doctrine.
Principle responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Preaching and teaching
- Administering the Church ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper
- Caring for the needs of God’s people through counseling, prayer and ministry
- Planning and conducting worship services
- Leading a staff and membership team of over thirty (30) persons
- Licensed and ordained as a Baptist minister.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of pastoral experience
- Master of Divinity or a closely related discipline (if no master’s degree, years of experience may be considered)
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants must submit the following documents:
- Completed JCBC Senior Pastoral Application – Download Here
- Letter of Interest (Cover Letter)
- Current Resume that includes a summary of relevant ministry, professional and educational experiences
- Doctrinal Statement of Belief
- Copy of Ministerial License
- Copy of Ordination Certificate
- Verification of Master’s Degree, with official (sealed) transcript from a post-secondary institution
- Five (5) written references: two (2) religious leaders, two (2) personal and one (1) layperson; please include contact information for each reference.
- Recent (6 months or less) link of a worship service and sermon you conducted (YouTube or Facebook links are preferred)
- Recent color photograph (head shot)
Complete application packages must be mailed via certified mail to:
Jacob Chapel Baptist Church
Attn: Pastoral Search Committee
c/o Sis. Tasha Carter
2333 Lake Bradford Road
Tallahassee, FL 32310
Deadline for submission of all materials is on or before November 9, 2023
Additional Important Information:
- The committee will acknowledge receipt of all applications, resumes and letters of interest via email. All information presented will be treated as confidential.
- Final candidates must consent to a Criminal Background Check and general credit check.
- Only one application submission will be accepted.
- Incomplete packages will not be accepted.
- Any submissions hand-delivered to the church will not be considered.
- For questions or inquiries, please send an email to JCBCPastoralSearch@JacobChapel.org.
PASTOR SIMMONS’ RECENT BLOG POSTS
need daily encouragement? check out our sunday replay
Fill out an Online Visitor Card!